Last Updated on 2023-04-01 by a-indie
Sourmilk, an alternative rock band from Bali, Indonesia, will release their debut song ” Sick Girl.
Sourmilk was formed in 2022, and “Sick Girl” is on the official Spotify playlist “.ORG”.
Sourmilk’s band members are Jess(Vo./Gt.), Faiz(Gt.), Yudi Septyan(Ba.), and Noriz Kiki(Dr.).
Their base, Denpasar, is located in southern Bali, Indonesia, and is the capital and center of the province of Bali.
Sourmilk – Sick Girl
This is their second single following their debut single “Sick Girl”.
The lyrics were written by Jess and the music was composed by the band themselves.
Different Socks Credit
– Produced by Sourmilk
– Recorded at Faiz Desk
– Engineered by Faiz
– Drum & Guitar recorded at WAV Studio
– Engineered by Hendra
– Mixed and Mastered by Faiz
– Song and lyric written by Jessica
– Composed by Sourmilk
– Cover design & layout by Noriz Kiki
Roots of Sick Girl
Sourmilk’s Spotify playlist, “Post Break-up Resentment,” features 28 songs from their roots, including Wolf Alice, beabadoobee, and Joy Division.
Click here for a list of songs on the “Post Break-up Resentment” playlist.
- Sourmilk – Sick Girl
- girl in red – bad idea!
- The Beths – Happy Unhappy
- Rosemary Fairweather – Chemicals
- Softcult – Take It Off
- Soccer Mommy – Your Dog
- Pixies – All I Think About Now
- Tired Lion – Waterbed
- beabadoobee – the perfect pair
- Great Grandpa – Mono no Aware
- Phoebe Bridgers – Motion Sickness
- Wolf Alice – Your Loves Whore
- Wet Leg – Wet Dream
- Snail Mail – Heat Wave
- Joy Division – Love Will Tear Us Apart
- Lush – For Love
- Pip Blom – Babies Are a Lie
- Weezer – The World Has Turned And Left Me Here
- Pavement – Harness Your Hopes – B-side
- Mazzy Star – Fade Into You
- Pale Waves – Change
- New Order – Blue Monday ’88
- Sunflower Bean – I Was A Fool
- Fleetwood Mac – Go Your Own Way
- PJ Harvey – Down By The Water
- Frankie Cosmos – Fool
- The Smiths – There Is a Light That Never Goes Out – 2011 Remaster
- Fugazi – I’m So Tired
Sourmilk released Works
1st single“Sick Girl”
Sourmilk band profile
“Sourmilk is an slightly alternative rock / indie pop band from Bali, Indonesia formed in 2022. The lineup consists of Jess (vocals, guitar), Faiz (guitar), Yudi Septyan (bass), and Noriz Kiki (drums). Beautiful, lush atmospheres and sentimental personal lyricism are core to what has distinguished Sourmilk as one of new act in the current Indonesia music scene.”
Sourmilk Related Articles
A-indie’s sister site, BELONG, features an article in Japanese about Sourmilk’s roots in the band.
I am the editor-in-chief of BELONG Media and A-indie, and I have been writing the music blog Timeless Masterpieces, its predecessor, since 2010.
After writing for "only in dreams" hosted by Masafumi Goto, vocalist of ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION, I studied music business at a music school.
I have been writing articles on Japanese and international music for more than 10 years.
In the past, I was in charge of garage rock, psychedelic rock, and Japanese indie rock at a music CD rental store with over 100,000 album titles.
With these experiences, I have published 26 issues of "BELONG Magazine," a music magazine with the theme of "Roots Rock.
Currently, I write articles based on SEO strategies I learned at a web production company. I enjoy watching "Kaiun! Nandemo Kanteidan".
Click here to see the articles I wrote so far.